Thursday, November 18, 2010

Literary work using Katakana: 3 haiku works

ボシューーッ
冬のスポーツ
がんばれジェッツ

Comment: NFL is the title of this haiku work. ボシューーッ is a onomatopoeia of Katakana use. On top of that, I use it to sound the flight of footballs or jumping of players. It also express the dynamic and excitement of the football games, which are held in winter.
Althoug I am little bit into Giants, Jets, ジェッツ goes well with the mora of the third row.


わたしたち
はるのメモリー
アレルギー

Comment: Titled Allergy. メモリー (memory)and アレルキー (allergy)are Katakana use as foreign words. I tried to express modernity with メモリー, driving readers to emotional subjects related with modern world, i.e. broken love. But I hoped アレルギー would turn over readers to not serious, or funny ending.

ぼくのゆめ
シルバースロープ
金メダル

Comment: The title of this piece is Snowboard, my favorite sports. That exaggerated goal, 金メダル (gold medal) is an interesting Katakana because it is combined with Kanji. Loan words from different sources! To express the seasonality of haiku, the second row says シルバースロープ (silver slope). If it works, it says not only season, the snow, but it also indicates ski or snowboard.

2 comments:

Laurent Mazouer said...

Good job trying to vary the uses of katakana!
The personal touch was funny too (although I never tried snowboard, skiing is kind of my second nature XD)
I hope you get the gold medal one of these days! :D

Jean (Ji Yon) Kim said...

Great job! They are all short but good. I especially like the 2nd one because of the inclusion of allergy. You also used a lot of Katakana which is also good for the purpose of this project.